Professional Teacher Trainings & School System Support
ADHD affects approximately 9.5% of school age children.* As educators, you know that the implications of having a student in the classroom with ADHD go well beyond the impact on that individual child. Classmates often lose valuable learning time and experience confusion and frustration in dealing with their classmate with ADHD.
Teachers often report greater stress due to higher demands on their time and lack of effective resources, knowledge, and support that will help the affected child learn and succeed in the classroom. Additionally, teachers are often caught between the parents, the child, and the school in terms of facilitating the best interventions for the child with ADHD.
Managing ADHD and Boosting Executive Function Skills in the Mainstream Classroom
Full Day In-Service Training for Teachers and Related Service Providers
This training provides the latest research and best practices regarding how to remediate and support students with ADHD and Executive Function weaknesses. Participants will gain skills, strategies and techniques to support students in need at the Point of Performance while balancing the needs of all students in the classroom.
“I wanted to let you know that your workshop was very beneficial to my students and me. It has helped me better understand why my students behave the way they do and has helped me to be more patient and understanding. It has also helped me when advocating for them, especially in disciplinary situations” - Marianne A., H.S. Teacher
- Define what Executive Functioning is and the specific ways it impacts students’ ability to utilize classroom learning and perform curriculum objectives
- Improve children’s cooperation, problem solving skills, and advocacy skills by increasing their Self-Awareness and Self-Talk skills
- Design subtle changes in classroom structure and environment to improve time management, organizational skills and study skills that will benefit all children, not just those who have ADHD.
- Develop strategies to support slower processing speeds, weaker working memories, poor time management skills, and more
- Learn how teaching students basic brain science can them reduce their stress, increase their focus and effort, and be more successful.
Supplementary materials and resources provided for teachers, parents, and students to manage homework, home/school communication, study-skills, behavior and more.
Cost of Full Day Training: $1200 plus travel expenses
Consultations, In-Class Observations and Ongoing Support
Available In Person as well as Follow-Up Phone Support
- Collaborate with a student’s team to design specific interventions and strategies related to managing ADHD and Executive Function Weaknesses
- Work with teachers who struggle to carry out lesson plans and establish effective classroom management due to challenging students
- Provide support for parents who struggle to manage their children’s homework and school engagement
Parent Presentations Available
These are excellent presentations to be offered for your Parent Association
Each presentation is approximately 1 1/2 hours long including question and answer period
Top Ten Strategies for Parenting your Child or Teen with ADHD
This presentation will provide an overview of ADHD beyond diagnosis as well as the essential steps, tools, skills and perspectives needed to help your child thrive. Your child does not need to carry a diagnosis for you to attend. Learn about the best supports you really need, the facts about ADHD beyond the diagnosis that you may not know, and how to best prepare yourselves for the journey ahead.
Skills for Success – What parents need to know about Executive Function
Executive Functions are the cognitive skills needed for academic performance, social skills, and life skills. Commonly, these are the skills utilized to organize, plan, initiate, manage emotion, shift maintain focus and use working memory. They govern the HOW you do what you DECIDE to do. This presentation will briefly explain how Executive Function skills are developed and will include tips, tools, and strategies parents can use to promote optimal success in all aspects of life.
For information about pricing and availability please email SpeakersBureau@PTScoaching.com